The hCG phase 3 is often known as the hCG maintenance segment of the diet. At this point, you have successfully made it through the Phase 1 and Phase 2 diet plan. Hopefully, you are happy with the results and excited about the prospect of maintaining your new weight loss.
The Transition to hCG Phase 3
Undoubtedly, losing the weight during the Phase 2 part of the diet is the easy part. Now, it is time to transition to the hCG diet plan Phase 3 segment of the diet. At this point, it is all about keeping the weight off. You do not want to backpedal and lose everything that you gained during the initial first two phases of the regime. You will want stick to your guns and focus on your long-term hCG maintenance goals.
hCG Maintenance is About Increasing Calories
During the Phase 3 hCG segment of the program, you will start to increase your calorie consumption from the 500 calorie threshold that you maintained during Phase 2 up to 1200 to 1500 calories per day. As you embark on the hCG diet Phases 3 you should start a food journal. Within the journal, you will record every food you add to your diet, the calories per day that you consume, and your daily weight. The food journal is critical to your entire success with your hCG maintenance.
Take the hCG Diet Plan Phase 3 Slow
The hCG diet plan Phase 3 is the optimum time to start introducing variety into your diet that you lacked previously. However, you will not want to do things too fast. You must take things slow, a step at a time. Here is exactly how you should go through the process of increasing your caloric intake while creating variety.
Transitioning From Phase 2 to hCG Phase 3
Transitioning from Phase 2 to hCG Phase 3 involves ceasing your hCG drops or injections. The official start of your hCG diet Phase 3 kicks off three days after you take your last hCG drop or injection.
- Day One: It is time to double the amount of meat in your diet from what you consumed during Phase 2. At this point, you will be consuming 700 calories per day.
- Day Two: You will still be maintaining your 700 calories per day but at this stage, you will start adding some vegetables to your food choices. Maybe Brussels sprouts or zucchini will tantalize your taste buds. You can also vary up the meats by choosing turkey or chicken. Remember to continue counting your calories and weighing yourself each day. The temptation to add foods quickly often feels overpowering but you need to control yourself and only add foods slowly.
- Day Three: During the third day, you will continue doing what you have done on the first and second day. However, you can finally start adding a bit of fruit such as blueberries, raspberries or blackberries.
- Day Four: It is time to increase your caloric intake by 500 calories at this stage. One of the best ways to attain the calorie boost is by adding a bit of dairy to your diet. Why not try some Greek yogurt or white cheese? Remember, to just add one type of dairy at a time. Dairy can affect your weight so by only adding one type at a time when you can watch your weight closely to make sure it does not start to inch up.
- Day Five: If you have noticed no change in your weight after adding the dairy then it is time to add a different type of meat or dairy. At this junction of the hCG diet plan Phase 3 stage, you are also going to want to incorporate some exercises into your daily regime. The exercises will help your body balance out and assist your metabolism in adjusting to your new weight. Remember, the hCG maintenance stage is all about maintenance through diet and exercise. You do not want to gain weight but you want to remain the same.
- Day Six: This day is almost indistinguishable from day five. You can continue experimenting with a combination of veggies, meats, and dairy. However, remember to just keep adding one food at a time. Do not go overboard with variety. Everyone’s body reacts differently when it comes to new foods. Some may make you gain a bit of weight.
- Day Seven: Always mark down if you gained weight and the various foods you are trying so you can perhaps make a connection. If you gain a bit of weight then you should abstain from the trigger foods next week. This will help your body adjust. Ideally, you should be keeping a food journal where you record what you eat, your calories, and your weight. On day seven, your calorie intake should be at 900 calories per day. At this stage of the hCG diet plan Phase 3, you will not deviate in weight from what you weighed at the end of Phase 2 by any more than two pounds.
- Last Two Weeks: During the following weeks, you will continue to increase your calories in the same fashion as you did during the first week of the hCG Phase 3. Eventually, you will be consuming 1200 to 1500 calories per day after you complete the third week of the hCG maintenance phase. You should remain in the maintenance stage of the diet for at least as long as they spent undertaking Phase 2.
Dr. Simeon’s Pounds & Inches
Many people may scoff at the hCG phase 3 maintenance stage but it is critical. Dr. Simeon, the creator of the hCG diet, outlined the various steps to success that he felt were key in losing and keeping off the pounds. These steps were well researched by the doctor. In Dr. Simeons’ book Pounds & Inches he addresses the importance of the hCG diet phases 3 steps with the following quotes:
“When the three days of dieting after the last injection are over, the patients are told that they may now eat anything they please, except sugar and starch, provided they faithfully observe one simple rule. This rule is that they must have their own portable bathroom-scale always at hand, particularly while traveling. They must without fail to weigh themselves every morning as they get out of bed, having first emptied their bladder. If they are in the habit of having breakfast in bed, they must weigh before breakfast.
It takes about 3 weeks before the weight reached at the end of the treatment becomes stable. During this period patients must realize that the so-called carbohydrates, that is sugar, rice, bread, potatoes, pastries etc, are by far the most dangerous. If no carbohydrates whatsoever are eaten, fats can be indulged in somewhat more liberally and even small quantities of alcohol, such as a glass of wine with meals, does no harm, but as soon as fats and starch are combined things are very liable to get out of hand. This has to be observed very carefully during the first 3 weeks after the treatment is ended otherwise disappointments are almost sure to occur.”
Difficulties With the hCG Maintenance Phase
Here are three of the main difficulties that you might face with the hCG maintenance phase:
- Feeling Full: During the first couple of days of the hCG diet plan Phase 3, you may struggle to consume 700 calories because you feel full on only 500 calories. Eating 700 calories makes you feel stuffed and bloated. This is perfectly normal. However, it is critical that you force yourself to consume the required 700 calories so you can continue to successfully follow the diet protocol.
- Overwhelming and Over Consuming: Other people might find the hCG Phase 3 segment overwhelming. They want to consume as much variety as possible and do it quickly. You should abstain from such a lifestyle alteration because gorging yourself will only make your weight increase rapidly. All of the progress that you gained during Phase 1 and Phase 2 will be forfeited.
- Carb Additions: While undergoing the hCG Phase 3 segment of the diet you need to be extremely cautious about carbohydrates such as rice, bread, sugar, potatoes, and pastries. Even one slip up with carbs can cause a dramatic increase in your weight. Carbs are also highly addictive. Once you start eating them your body will crave even more. By abstaining from carbohydrates, you will have more leeway to consume fats. You can even enjoy a glass of wine at dinner if you maintain the ‘no carb’ rule.
Working Through the hCG Phase 3
Here is a breakdown of the way you can truly conquer hCG Phase 3. With these tips, you will be well on your way to maintaining your ideal weight for a lifetime and not just short term.
- After phase 2, start the hCG phase 3 phase of the diet. This is known as the hCG maintenance phase.
- Do not eat any sugars are starches during the hCG diet plan phase 3.
- Introduce all foods gradually and always pay attention to the calories.
- Only introduce a tiny bit of dairy, nuts, and fats.
- All food introductions should be done slowly and cautiously.
- Always keep your weight within two pounds of the weight you were when you ended phase 2.
- Cut out whatever offending food caused you to gain weight.
- Start the hCG phase 3 over again if you suddenly gain more than 2 pounds.
Phase 3 of the hCG diet is truly the final leg of the journey. You have lost the weight and now you just need to keep it off. By continuing to focus on the final phase, you will control your body’s weight with ease and become an hCG diet success story.