Sometimes would-be dieters worry that sticking to the strict hCG diet plan could prove difficult or impossible. In many instances, dieters will avoid even trying the successful diet because of they fear it will be too hard and uncomfortable to subsist on so few calories. However, nothing could be further from the truth. Sticking to the hCG diet meal plan in combination with the oral drops or injections resets your body’s metabolism. You will feel full and satisfied on very few calories while continuing to enjoy tasty food choices.
The First Phase of the hCG Diet Plan
During the first phase of the hCG diet plan, known as the ‘Loading Phase’, you can consume an abundance of foods for 48 hours. High protein and fat choices combined with carbs help satisfy your body and your cravings as your system adjusts to the addition of the hCG drops or injections on the second day.
The Second Phase of the hCG Diet Plan
The second phase of the plan starts when you start to restrict your calories down to only 500 per day while using the hCG either orally or via injections. Most dieters opt to use hCG drops because they are readily available and work well. At this stage of the diet, it is all about consuming low-calorie foods and not exceeding 500 calories per day.
The hCG Foods are Building Blocks to Healthy Meals
Many dieters initially see the approved food list and instantly balk because at first glance it seems like a very small list. You should not just look at the list as a singular food option. Instead, you can do an hCG meal plan that combines the list’s food choices to make yummy, wholesome recipes that are sure to satisfy anyone’s taste. The foods listed on the hCG food should be viewed as simply building blacks to creating delicious foods while maintaining the less than 500-calories per day requirements. This will keep you from getting bored with your food choices.
Weighing and Preparing the Foods
Investing in a small scale will help you keep track of your foods. Remember to trim away excess fat from the lean meats before weighing so you get an accurate read of the actual food consumed. Only purchase grass-fed organic meats that are extra lean to enjoy their wholesome benefits
Foods for Your hCG Diet Meal Plan
Here is a list of the foods that you can use in your daily hCG diet meal plan:
Remember, it is all about consuming lean proteins for optimum nutrition. With the diet, you can consume up to 200 grams per day that is broken into two 100-gram meals. All fat must be trimmed away and avoid cooking any meats on the bone. Debone the meat prior to weighing and cooking.
There is no reason why you must choose only one meat to enjoy per day. Instead of traditional meat choices, you could choose crab with scallops to meet your protein requirements. You could also try a bit of egg with shrimp. The combinations are endless and each one can tantalize your taste buds to leave you feeling satisfied and full.
- Extra lean beef
- Three egg whites
You will need to eat two cups of vegetables per day at lunch and dinner. You might also want to save a small veggie dish as a snack. A green salad in the afternoon is an excellent pick-me-up and helps reduce hunger. Mixing veggies with meat to make a tasty meal is also an option.
- Red radishes
With the hCG diet, there are only a few fruits that you can safely enjoy because many fruits contain exceedingly high levels of sugar. You can enjoy two servings of fruit per day. Some people do not eat the fruit with their lunch or dinner but instead, opt to enjoy the fruit as an afternoon or evening snack.
Additional Food Items
The are several additional food items that you can use with the hCG diet meal plan that add zest to your recipes.
These miscellaneous items can be added to your HCG meal plan:
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Natural Spices
- Mustard Powder
- Braggs Amino Acids
Starches Which are Allowed
The hCG diet is extremely limiting when it comes to starches. Many people crave starch-rich foods because their bodies and minds have been conditioned to want a donut or a Danish with a cup of coffee every morning. Breaking the habit both mentally and physically can be hard. The hCG diet
meal plan allows you to enjoy two breadsticks or Melba toast.
Things to Avoid
The items you must avoid are as follows:
- No oil
- No butter
- No dressing
- Pre-packaged seasoning packs (these often contain excessive salt and many also have sugar)
Combinations of Foods
Avoid combining your foods at one meal. Yes, you are allowed two servings of fruit per day, but you should not eat both servings at lunch. It is imperative that you break apart the servings and enjoy them at different times to feel truly satisfied. You can also do this with veggies. Instead of enjoying your celery stick at lunch, save it for a before-dinner snack.
Standard hCG Diet Meal Plan
The hCG diet meal plan is easy to follow.
- Breakfast: For breakfast, you can have a cup of coffee or tea. If you have a sweet tooth, then you can use Stevia in your beverage Breakfast is a great time to combine your wakeup with one serving of fruit. You could even opt to make a smoothie with blended ice, Stevia, and a couple of juicy strawberries.
- Lunch: For lunch, you can enjoy 100 grams of a lean protein source or some simple egg whites, a serving of fruit, one veggie, and one start item such a Melba toast. Many dieters feel that they need a heavier protein for lunch such as bison or beef. You could save your veggie portion to use as an afternoon snack such as a light salad.
- Dinner: Dinner consists of 100 grams of a lean protein such as fish, one vegetable, one fruit, and one start item. Some dieters opt to save their fruit to use as a late evening snack.
HCG Recipe Choices
When using the hCG diet plan, you do not have given up tasty recipes. You can create a variety of dishes based off innumerable online recipes that are readily available.
Here are just a few hCG recipe ideas:
- Steak and Onions: Roast lean steak with sliced onions in a medium-sized skillet. Once it is slightly brown, you can broil it to complete the cooking process. Place a bit of water in the skillet and brown your onion. This is an easy, fast meal that is very satisfying.
- Baked Whitefish: Bake your whitefish slowly and add a squeeze of lemon for flavor. You can also mix a bit of apple cider vinegar, cumin, a crushed clove of garlic, with a dash of salt and pepper to make a flavor-filled coating that even becomes a bit crunchy when the fish is done. You can serve your fish fillet on a bed of iceberg lettuce.
- Oven Roasted Asparagus: Dice up a clove of garlic, mix with three tablespoons of water, salt, pepper, and one tablespoon of lemon juice. Lay your asparagus in a baking dish and pour the mixture across the top. Now bake your asparagus at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
- Tomato Slices: Slice a tomato into thin slices. Lay the tomatoes face up on a non-stick cookie sheet. Crush one clove of garlic mix with a sprig of rosemary that is finely chopped. Sprinkle over the top of the tomato. Sprinkle the spices over the top of the tomato slice. Roast the tomato slices slowly for six hours at 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cucumber Dill Salad: This is a great afternoon snack if you are feeling hungry. Dice a medium sized cucumber. Mix one tablespoon vinegar with one tablespoon dill. Add a bit of black pepper and Stevia. Mix the liquid thoroughly. Now pour it over the cucumbers for taste. You can also marinate the cucumbers in the mixture for an hour or two in the refrigerator for a chilled, refreshing salad that is brimming in flavor.
The hCG diet plan has stood the test of time. It has been a favorite and successful diet option for decades. There are delicious food choices that effectively satisfy your cravings when used in combination with the hCG so you don’t feel hungry while you lose unwanted pounds. It effectively resets your metabolism, so you don’t just shed the pounds, but you keep them off permanently. Why not give the hCG
diet meal plan a try and see how it can change your life by creating a new, slimmer, healthier physique?